Root Planning & Scaling
Following your root planning & scaling procedure at Fresh Pond Dentistry in Cambridge, it is critical that you avoid chewing until the anesthetic given to you has completely worn off.
- Take over-the-counter medicines like Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Advil, and Motrin for pain relief. Please follow the package directions for dosage information. If the pain does not ease after three days or if the pain has increased, please call our office for further assistance.
- If you have been prescribed medicine for extreme pain please note that the medication may make you tired and can cause slower reflexes.
- If you were prescribed an antibiotic, please finish your prescription regardless of your symptoms. Unless you have a rash, then stop taking the prescription and speak with an associate at our office for further instruction.
- Note: Your teeth may become more sensitive to hot and/or cold temperature foods following the surgery.
We Recommend that you:
- Rinse your mouth with warm water salt every 4 hours and following meals.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Refrain from eating spicy foods.
- Restrict your diet to soft foods.
- Avoid all alcoholic beverages.
- Do Not Smoke.
- Brushing, flossing and rinsing with recommended products are advised and essential to properly healing the gum tissue.
If all is followed, the healing time should be pain-free and a successful surgery can be guaranteed.
Your dentist in Cambridge cares about your health and well being. Please feel free to give us a call with any questions or concerns!