After Your Bone Grafting Procedure:
Following your bone grafting procedure, you should rest and try to avoiding strenuous activity.
Things to Decrease Pain & Increase Healing:
- Ice packs are recommended for the first 36 hours following a surgery. You can apply ice regularly while you are awake in fifteen minute intervals.
- Take over-the-counter medicines: Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Advil or Motrin for pain relief. Please follow the package directions about the required dosage. If the pain has not decreased after three days or if the pain has felt worse, please feel free to call our office.
- If you have been prescribed medicine for extreme pain please note that the medication may make you tired and can cause slower reflexes.
- If you were prescribed an antibiotic, please finish your prescription regardless of your symptoms. Unless you have a rash, then stop taking the prescription and speak with an associate at our office for further instruction.
- Do not lift your lip and attempt to look at the area. You can tear the sutures, thus increasing the healing time.
- If your sinus was involved in the procedure avoid blowing your nose. Decongestant medications can be helpful.
- Avoid all alcoholic beverages.
- On the day of surgery or while there is bleeding do not rinse your mouth. After the first day you can use a warm salt water rinse every 4 hours and following meals.
Return to Fresh Pond Dentistry in Cambridge, for removal of the sutures and follow-up checks.
If all is followed, the healing time should be pain-free and a successful surgery can be guaranteed.
Your dentist in Cambridge cares about your health and well being. Please feel free to give us a call with any questions or concerns!