5 Things You Didn`t Know About Dental Implants
Every year millions of Americans suffer from tooth loss due to: injuries, tooth decay, gum disease or other issues.
Once upon a time the only options available for missing teeth were dental bridges or dentures. But today dental implant services in Cambridge are available. They are made to match your natural teeth, they provide a solid foundation for fixed or removable teeth and they have many benefits. A dentist in Cambridge would be happy to show you before and after examples of patients with implants.
- No Tooth Cavities – Because implants are not natural teeth they do not get cavities. But don’t let that change your dental routine. You must take care of implants just at you do your natural teeth.
- Success Rate – The success rate for dental implants is between 95-98%. They last a long time, they don’t require alterations and they are not dependent on other teeth to keep them stable. A dentist in Cambridge can show you how amazing implants are.
- Bone Growth – A missing tooth or even dentures can accelerate bone loss in the jawbone. Implants maintain bone growth which makes them an excellent option for missing teeth.
- Strength – Dental implants are made from pure titanium which makes them lighter and stronger than steel. Dental implants can stand 200 pounds of force but it is not recommended to test that theory!
- Biocompatible – The titanium used in the manufacture of implants is non-toxic and biocompatible with the human body. This makes implants unlikely to be rejected by the body as the titanium fuses or bonds with the bone.
The fact is, dental implants are an amazing way to improve your smile and your oral health. At Fresh Pond Dental in Cambridge, we have dental specialists on staff who can install dental implants.
Call us today and learn about our dental implant services in Cambridge.