Your dentist in Somerville, MA (We are located in Cambridge MA)
For the best in cosmetic dentistry, Somerville residents trust the expert staff at Fresh Pond Dental.
We are a locally owned dentistry office that is made up of a highly-trained staff of oral hygienists, secretaries, and dental specialists that keep patients’ oral health foremost in mind.
Located a short drive from Somerville at the Fresh Pond Mall, our dental office is open to families, adults, and seniors. They accept most dental insurances, including Mass Health Senior Care options, Medicare, and Medicaid. People come to our denist office in Cambridge because we are affordable and are open after-hours and on weekends.
Somerville’s answer to tooth decay is Fresh Pond Dental.
Tooth decay is the second most leading disease in the United States, just behind the common cold. Tooth decay occurs when plaque buildup combines with starches and sugars from the foods you eat to form acids. These acids eat away at your tooth enamel and if not corrected, it will begin to do the same to your teeth. The end result is cavities.
- Develop a good oral routine – Brush your teeth twice a day, floss once, and rinse with fluoride-infused mouthwash.
- Make good food choices – Eating healthy can help eliminate many causes of tooth decay, including drinks and foods high in sugars.
- Chew sugarless gum – Chewing in itself can help clean your teeth if you chew sugarless gum. It increases the flow of saliva and helps reduce pockets of bacteria that otherwise would eat away at your teeth.
- See your dentist – To catch cavities when they are small, dental X-rays are often needed. Seeing your dentist in Cambridge for regular checkups and cleanings twice a year will promote good oral care and help identify possible tooth decay before it progresses.
- Get sealants – dental Sealants are available for children and adults to protect teeth. The dentists at Fresh Pond Dental can offer further information about sealants and the protective coating used to prevent bacteria and plaque buildup.
To help prevent cavities, Somerville residents come to us.